Cork Powerboat & Waterski Club
Coronavirus COVID 19
At Cork Powerboat & Waterski Club our priority is the security and well being of the skiers and staff and that is why we have implemented these new safety protocols based on the Government guidelines.
This protocol and guidelines must be strictly followed:
- Currently Members only allowed to be on the premises.
- Bookings will work as usual, therefore you need to book in advance. No skiers will be allowed without booking.
- Once the booking is confirmed payment will be done by wire transfer.
- Punctuality is essential to ensure the viability of the protocols.
- Mask and gloves are a must at the club, except while skiing.
- Hand Sanitiser All members to bring and use their own supply.
- It is mandatory to keep the 2 meters distance at all times.
- Changing rooms the Ski storage area will remain closed until further notice.
- No entry will allowed into the house or house area, you must use the lane way down to the Ski Club
- You must take all your equipment and personal belongings with you. We are not allowed to keep them at the Club.
- Ski school equipment won’t be available until further notice.
- The skier must maintain a minimum separation of 2m from the driver & observer/s at all times. The skier should not approach the edge of the dock to put on their ski/s until the boat has moved away from the dock
- The driver will move the boat to a safe holding distance at least 3m from the dock before the skier approaches the edge of the dock to put on their ski/s and enter the water
- Only one skier may be present on the dock at any time. The next skier should not go onto the dock until the previous skier has returned & collected their equipment and left the dock area
- Before skiing, the handle / rope should be left on the edge of the dock so that it can be connected by the boat crew
- Hand sanitiser to be applied & gloves put on before handling any equipment (especially rope handles). Bare skin should never make direct contact with ropes or handles.
Boat Retrieving Skier –Where possible the skier should ski back to the dock at the end of each set. If the skier must be picked up by the boat (e.g.: ski has come off as a result of a fall) then operate as follows:
- Skier must not enter the boat or sit on the transom at any time.
- The Skier must keep both feet on the tailboard at all times. If returning to the dock, stand / squat on the tailboard. This will maintain a minimum separation of 2.7m between the skier & boat crew
- The skier must step off the tailboard directly onto the dock and must never step into the boat
- To maintain separation, the driver & observer/s must remain seated in the boat until the skier has left the dock.
- The shop will be closed but you can order online and pick them up at the Club or receive them at home.
- Next skier must wait until the previous skier leaves the jetty.
- Only the staff will be allowed in the boat.
- Only participant skiers and one minor guardian if needed, will be allowed.
- We ask that you limit your time at the lake and leave once your set is done.
- If someone has symptoms, has had them in the last 14 days, or has had close contact with someone who does, please follow the recommendations Issued by the HSE, the Government and stay at home.
We want to thank you in advance for your understanding. It is our priority to be able to welcome you at the Club as long as we can ensure your safety.